Strategic, results-focused creative leader with more than 15 years of experience in creative direction, graphic design, production, marketing and internal communications, and product development and design. Proven record of translating organizations’ business strategies and technical requirements into innovative, dynamic design solutions. Excels at producing high levels of client satisfaction; completing projects on time and under budget; and building and inspiring talented, motivated teams.
Brand Strategy & Messaging
Product Development & Design
Marketing & Internal Communications
Adobe Creative Cloud
Microsoft Office (Word
Director, Global Creative Solutions
Arlington, VA · February 2009 – Present
Led team in the concepting, development, design and execution of digital and printed marketing collateral, communications and learning products. Provided exceptional creative, editorial, production and project management support to company’s global marketing, sales and product development teams.
• Conceptualized, art directed and edited global, multichannel marketing and ad campaigns that exceeded ROI and demand-generation goals.
• Developed, maintained and enforced branding and editorial standards for all marketing and product materials.
• Consistently ensured on-time and on-budget delivery of 500+ projects annually
• Streamlined departmental operations and improved communication and transparency among global teams by implementing agile project management practices.
• Merged two separate creative teams to establish the company’s first full-service creative department, which reduced annual operating costs by 15% while improving brand consistency and quality.
Arlington, VA · September 2003 – February 2009
Managed an in-house team of copywriters, copyeditors and graphic designers responsible for the content creation, design and production of global revenue-driving, brand-extending marketing collateral, ad campaigns, thought leadership and sales tools.
• Managed the editorial content, design and publication of a monthly industry newsletter that consistently generated high-quality leads for the global sales teams.
• Reduced annual printing and mailing costs by 25% through successful negotiation and vendor management.
• Facilitated the launch of a new corporate intranet site and served as editor-in-chief post-launch, improving internal communications and efficiency throughout the company.
Client Marketing Manager
Arlington, VA · May 2002 – September 2003
Created and executed customized marketing campaigns for the company’s global Fortune 500 and large government clients.
• Grew key client programs by developing marketing collateral, including e-mails, catalogs, brochures and web portals, that increased awareness and drove registrations.
• Provided timely, targeted marketing support that prevented cancellation of training events due to low enrollment, thus avoiding revenue loss.
Arlington, VA · July 1998 – May 2002
Wrote, designed and edited B2B and B2C sales and marketing collateral, including flyers, brochures, catalogs, emails, press releases and advertisements.
• Collaborated with marketing managers to create direct mail and lead generation campaigns that regularly exceeded ROI targets.